Arthritis affects a whopping nine million people in Britain and comes in over 100 forms.
With the overriding symptoms include pain, stiffness and loss of dexterity – it can make simple tasks tricky.
CuraCare are here for when you have a bad day, or need just a little help tackling your daily routine.
Symptoms of arthritis – the most common being osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis – include:
• restricted movements of the joints
• inflammation and swelling
• warmth and redness of the skin over the joint
And here’s what our trained staff can do to help:
• Take on daily challenges that put pressure on joints – anything from opening a tin can to bringing in the shopping.
• Get joints moving, by helping with special exercises.
• Encourage non-physical activities to occupy the mind
• Encourage healthy eating
• Perform activities that tend to put excessive use on certain joints
• Monitor for signs of depression or fatigue
For more information about arthritis, please see CuraCare’s arthritis fact sheet or feel free to give us a call to see how we could help you.