“Arthritis affects a whopping ten million people in the UK and comes in around 200 forms. It can prevent you from being able to do what were once simple tasks. We can help support you to tackle your daily routine or simply be there if you’re having a bad day.”
Adrian & Ciara
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a condition that causes pain and inflammation in a joint. Although the term is used to describe around 200 conditions that affect the joints, the tissues that surround the joint, and other connective tissue, Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis are the two most common types.
For more information about Arthritis, visit versusarthritis.org
Symptoms of arthritis include:
- Restricted movements of the joints.
- Inflammation and swelling.
- Warmth and redness of the skin over the joint.
Our local and experienced care assistants can help:
- Take on daily challenges that put pressure on joints – anything from opening a tin can to bringing in the shopping.
- Get joints moving, by helping with special exercises.
- Encourage non-physical activities to occupy the mind
- Encourage healthy eating.
- Perform activities that tend to put excessive use on certain joints
- Monitor for signs of depression or fatigue.
Arthritis care - to feel like yourself again
Providing care and support around Richmond, Twickenham and East Sheen, the advantage of being local to you means that we can take a completely flexible approach and be there whenever you need us. Our carers are passionate about care and we are passionate about them, making sure they have all the training and advice they need to continuously improve.
For further information on arthritis care, take a look at our arthritis fact sheet.