We understand hearing the news your loved-one has dementia can often be difficult to come to terms with, as you realise the relationship between you will start to change.
CuraCare’s team of experienced staff are here to offer peace of mind and help you and your family the right support to deal with the daily challenges of living with dementia.
The disease, which currently affects over 750,000 in the UK and is set to rise to over one million by 2025, can often be difficult to diagnose.
If you are concerned that someone close to you could be suffering from dementia, here are the common signs to look out for:
• Memory loss
• Loss of physical co-ordination
• Speech problems
With over 100 conditions of the mind falling under the collective term dementia, we understand how individuals need catered care.
Studies have shown that those suffering with dementia, who are treated at home have greater health and well-being than those who are placed in unfamiliar surroundings.
We believe with carefully managed one-on-one support, there is no reason somebody living with dementia cannot maintain independence and quality of life at home for years to come.
Our team are also here for you to answer any questions and concerns you may have about the disease and offer support.
Here are some of the key services we offer to those living with Dementia:
• helping maintain a safe environment in which to live
• accompanying to therapy sessions (e.g. art or music therapy sessions)
• escorting to doctors appointments
• facilitating mentally stimulating activities (e.g. setting puzzles and quizzes)
• managing changes in behaviour that result from dementia
• creating social interaction
• overseeing daily activities
For more information about dementia please see our dementia fact sheet.